Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Adventures in toddler-hood

The other morning, after the twins' bath, Kyle went pee-pee in the potty.

Then he wanted to go more, but he wanted me and Dylan to leave the room. He shut the door to the bathroom and came out a few minutes later yelling, "I went potty! I went potty!" We rushed in and he had pooped in his potty. I was so excited, so I ran to get Michael.

Meanwhile, Sasha had eaten the poop.
--------

Fairly regularly, Dylan has been getting out of his own bed and climbing into our bed at some point during the night/very early morning. This morning around 4:00 AM, he made himself comfortable right between me and Michael. About 30 minutes later, Kyle came padding in, and I heard him sort of collapse somewhere on the ground. When I checked to see where he was a few minutes later, I saw him fast asleep on Sasha's bed. He stayed there until 6:45 AM when I picked him up to get him changed and ready for day care. It sounds silly to think of a little boy sleeing on a dog bed, but actually Sasha is the only one in the family with a memory foam mattress, so Kyle was quite smart to commandeer her bed.

--------

The unfortunate thing about Dylan coming to our bed in the morning is that when Michael gets up at 6:00 AM for work, Dylan gets up too. I am not a fan of this set up. My goal is always to sleep as long as I possibly can, and this morning was no exception. In fact, I was completely exhausted this morning. Dylan must have sensed my sleepiness because instead of saying, "Mommy get up!" he went to the kitchen, got his bowl from the cupboard, selected his cereal of choice, and brought both to my bedside so I could pour it for him. Then he stood there and ate his cereal dry and watched Kyle who was asleep on the dog bed.

3 comments:

Actions and Consequences said...

I'm telling you, ever nanny show out there says that you have to put limits on letting the kids sleep with you.

But I have no clue how you can tell those boys no! They are probably so cute sleeping.

~~~Aunt Laurie said...

So where does the ka-ka eating puppy-thief sleep??? :o)

VeryApeAZ said...

I tried to get Joe to buy me a dog bed at the grocery store so i could lay on his living room floor and watch TV. He denied that request.