Friday, December 23, 2005

An Evening of Silliness


I believe it is official. The worst pick-up line EVER was uttered at Rosie McCaffrey's Pub last night: "So, did you order food here? [Yes] So, did it take a real long time? [No, not really]." You would think that would be the end of the conversation, but then came the lingering awkwardness, limp hand-shake and I couldn't hold back my giggles. Thankfully, Joe arrived to talk about adventures in the bathroom, and the poor, poor man was gone . . .

I had such an amazing time last night (of course, all under horrible circumstances since one of my favorite people is leaving ATC). I believe the evening's moment to be treasured was when a stretch race-car/limo pulled up and a crowd of drunken and happy men poured out (bachelor party, perhaps?) of it. As we were all admiring this very interesting vehicle, I saw that Joe actually reached into an open window of the car, stole a beer (Michelob Ultra, I think), put it in his pocket, took it to our next destination, and then drank it. Hmmm . . . Maybe it doesn't sound as funny or exciting now, but last night . . . . No, it does still sound funny.

I feel so grateful to have such amazing people in my life. We often face some very stressful times, but our camaraderie makes whatever sacrifice we have to make so very worth it.

1 comment:

Actions and Consequences said...

It tasted great and it was less filling!