Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Saturday

Jen: Michael, did you plan anything special for Mother's Day?

Michael: Aren't we going to your parents' house?

J: Yes, but did you get me anything from the boys?

M: Was I supposed to?

J: I'm going to get a pedicure before I go grocery shopping . . . and I think I'll have my eyebrows waxed too.

M: (with oodles of enthusiasm) That's a GREAT idea! Bye!

Later that day . . .

M: See, aren't you glad I didn't get you anything? I couldn't have come up with anything better than the pedicure.

Sunday

(Jen gets to sleep a lot. Hooray!)

Michael: Boys, what do we want to say to Mommy?

Kyle (Dylan is busy with something): Happy Mommy's Day!!

And . . . we left Sasha (our new puppy) in her crate for most of the day, and she didn't poop in it! (don't get me started . . .)

What a great weekend.

No comments: