Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cheez-its, Crush, tangerines, cheese . . . Blueberries?


About roughly four years ago, I told Michael that when the Broncos make it to the Superbowl I would throw him a superball party and all of the food and beverage would be orange and blue. At the time, I thought I had come up with a wonderfully creative idea. Now I am starting to worry. You see, every football season, the playoffs come and go, and Denver really hasn't been that close - Expect for the year the twins were born, and if the Broncos had gone to the Superbowl nobody would have expected me to start planning a party. This time two years ago I could barely walk and my mother-in-law was bringing hungry babies to my bedroom so I could play Bessie-the-cow.

The Broncos play on Sunday. If my calculations are correct, if they win this Sunday then they're going to the Superbowl. If they win this Sunday, I'm going to have to throw a Broncos party where every item of food and drink is orange or blue. I could totally bail out of it, being that our house is on the market and Michael knows I really don't need the added stress of a party (I had to apologize to my family on the day of the twins' birthday party for being what I can only describe as "a total freak"). The thing is, despite the added stress, I really want to have this party for him. What if, in our lifetime, the Broncos never go to the Superbowl again?

Orange and blue food . . . Suggestions, anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some sort of blue gatorade (it even comes with orange lids!)? blue corn tortilla chips and salsa? cheetos? carrot sticks? macaroni and cheese? .... yup ok I think that's it from me! best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Jen: Save yourself all the trouble, and watch the game with Michael, but be sure to bring your "Terrible Towel" to root for the Steelers to win! Any gold towel will do! Then you can forget about these meaningless party plans, and go back to the real world of SELLING YOUR HOUSE!!!! The "BUS" leaves for Detroit on Monday morning!!!! Sorry, SR Miguel!!! :0( Your QB is not an ELWAY, but merely a PLUMBER!!! :0)